Romantic Lighting for Valentine’s Day
Lighting is an important part of any Valentine’s Day celebration. With romance being the major focus, what better way to set the mood than with some romantic lighting? Smart accent lighting can add immensely to a romantic evening; painting a room with warm ambient and accent light to set a mood. But why waste time searching for romantic lighting options when you can get advice from the professionals?
At Hickerson Brothers, our favorite part of Valentine’s Day is perfecting the lighting. As lighting professionals, we have been advising people on fixture options for years. Catlett homeowners looking for some romantic lighting inspiration need look no further than the lighting tips we have compiled here:
Light the Fireplace
- A well-lit, warm fire adds greatly to a romantic aesthetic, and with Valentine’s Day in the middle of February, there is a cozy component as well.
- Use wood such as oak for an intense, lasting fire that exudes a consistent warmth and hypnotic light.
- With the pleasant sound of burning wood mixed with the lively sight of a healthy flame, cozying up on the couch will be exceptionally romantic.
- A lit fireplace pairs well with some wine and cheese, as well as putting on a movie to enjoy next to the fire.
Hang String Lights
- Heart-shaped, slightly diffused string lights will add a warm accent anywhere in your home.
- String lights work well in both indoor and outdoor settings, meaning customization options are endless. Recommended locations for string lights are along the porch, hanging from the dining area, and along the windows.
- Be sure to grab LED string lights, as they are energy-efficient and won’t drive up the utility bill.
Use Your Existing Lighting
- Don’t forget your existing lighting, as it can be used too!
- Dimming your existing lighting adds a calm presence to your home and can be extended throughout your whole house.
- With lighting that can’t be dimmed, such as table lamps, consider buying colored bulbs to add a burst of color. Red, pink, blue and dozens of other color options can be found in a variety of wattages at your local home improvement store.
- Valentine’s Day themed lamp shades, cases, and covers would add a bit of humor to the celebration – and can be found at most department stores.
- Scented candles are a romantic staple, but wax candles are both bad for indoor air quality – and a fire hazard. Consider scented flameless candles, which offer the same romantic scents, but with safe designs made of sturdy material that is both safe and more economical than wax candles.
- Flameless candles come in a wide variety of colors and sizes. They can also be placed throughout the home without fear of catching fire.
- These modern alternatives to wax candles also come in sets; flameless tea lights are especially popular and incredibly versatile.
Fiber Optic Lighting
- Fiber optic lights are a modern, extravagant way to brighten your home, and work especially well for romantic lighting configurations.
- Fiber optic lights, as the name suggests, transmit light through strands of optical fiber, essentially creating tubes of light that can come in different colors.
- With their innovative design, fiber optic lighting offers endless customization, and can complete the romantic aesthetic you want.
- Fiber optic lighting comes in a variety of bulb and fixture options.
- With the help of our professional lighting services, you can install permanent fiber optic lighting fixtures in your home.
Get the perfect lighting for Valentine’s Day and transform your home into a romantic haven. Need help with installing new lights or fixtures? Contact Hickerson Brothers today! Our lighting services guarantee any request you have, Valentine’s Day or not, is met with the utmost proficiency. Give us a call at 703-594-3913 to schedule an appointment and meet your Catlett lighting experts. And Happy Valentine’s Day!